Hello! It’s Kaneko! I have this plan for today’s video And that plan is… “If I give 10000 yen to The Weird Fish Man, what fish would he buy?!” The Weird Fish Man goes to the fish auction market every day And he joins the fish auctions and buys fish there He’s been seeing different types of fish for many years So if I give him 10000 yen And ask him to buy the best fish he can think of What fish would he buy? I would like to examine that! Let’s go give him 10000 yen! – What? Pocket money? – Pocket money? Pocket money? Thanks!
– Here you go – Nope
– What is it? – I want you to buy the best fish you can get in 10000 yen – Ah the best fish, huh
– The best fish you can get in 10000 yen – So you want me to use this 10000 yen and buy fish that’s within the budget of 10000 yen?
– Yup, exactly – Oh, but one thing. I can’t buy one fish at a fish auction
– Uh huh – So can I ask for my helper to buy a fish? – You can do whatever you want
– So that’s okay? Okay huh? – Whatever works for you
– Alright, I’ll make you surprise! – Oh really? I’m looking forward to it! – Alright then, I’ll see you soon! By…e [Back home] (knock knock) – Hey!
– Hey! – Delivery service here~
– 2 days have passed since then – And you brought it for me!
– Yup, of course! Of course! I got a really good fish! – I wonder what it is
– What do you think it is? – What fish do you think from Summer?
– Japanese sea bass – Correct. You answered it right away – Ready?
– Uh huh – Wow!! – Really? – Let me explain. The body is so wide! – It’s a chubby sea bass! – And it’s summer and Japanese sea bass is in season now – This is a really good fish – Thank you!
– Yup! – And so please uh….
– Thanks! – Ah yeah, so please uh….
– Thanks! – Hey, let me talk! [Cooking Starts] So again, today’s main ingredient is this Japanese sea bass So I gave The Weird Fish Man 10000 yen and he got me this one of the best quality Japanese sea bass Summer season sea bass has really good fat and it’s very delicious Of course it depends on the fish But this one here is really high quality So it was 10000 yen at cost If you buy it at a regular fish market or grocery store it would cost about 20000 to 30000 yen It’s a type of fish that usually goes straight to the expensive Sushi restaurants This fish was just killed and the fish meat is still soft So I think it would be tastier if I let it age for a bit So now, I’m going to remove all scales, gills and the head [Remove scales]
I’m going to remove scales I’ve used many types of fish scale scrapers but this scraper shape is the easiest to use I feel like I can scale easily from both small and large fish It removes scales so much [Please be careful with the spikes]
Spikes on their fins are very pointy and dangerous so please be careful So when you scale with a scraper, don’t hold close to the fish Hold the tip of the handle And scale
Please careful with the pikes And scale the other side too Once most scales are removed, use a brush to finish cleaning the fish
[Brush] Next, cut all the fins
[Cut the fins off] Use scissors to cut them off All dangerous fins are now removed So today, I’m going to cut the head off but keep the collar attached
[Cut the head off] One cut from the collar and cut along the gills And cut the head off Like so I’m going to open its belly
[Cut the belly] How are the organs?! Wow!! Look at this!! So much fat!!! This here is all fat It a big fish but the size of the egg sacs is small That means eggs didn’t get enough nutrients I’m going to cut the swim bladder here
[Remove swim bladder] You can remove by hand And use brush and clean off blood [Clean the fish blood off] Clean thoroughly Once the blood is removed, wipe excess water off from the fish
[Wipe the fish] Wipe inside the belly too And lightly sprinkle salt [Sprinkle salt] I think salt will help remove extra moisture from the fish And will help age really well I’m sure there are several ways of aging a fish But this method is my favorite Easy too So inside the stomach… Woah, it’s still alive!
Look it’s moving! I put salt and the muscles were still alive so it started moving It’s that fresh! [Put paper towels inside the stomach]
Alright, put paper towels inside the stomach And wrap the fish with paper towel And wrap the fish with plastic wrap
[Wrap with plastic wrap] Tightly And I’m going to age the fish for about 2 to 3 days Going to 2 to 3 days later! 3 days have passed so let’s unwrap it This is the 3 day aged sea bass
[3 day aged sea bass] Fatty meat and looks very delicious Let’s fillet the fish then
[3-layer filleting] Cut the bottom One cut from the top When filleting sea bass, once the knife reaches this part You can pull the meat off from the bones The fish meat looks delicious I’m going to fillet the other side too Cut the belly Cut the back side Like so I’m going to cut this one in half And I’m going to give one to The Weird Fish Man and to my neighbor Today, I’m using this fillet and cook So since I have this high quality sea bass here And I want to enjoy the natural flavor of the fish So I’m making Sashimi and “Mizutaki” (plain simmered fish) First, I’m removing the belly bones
[Remove belly bones] Cut the collar Remove belly bones So much fat that the blade gets greasy And remove bloodline pin bones
[Remove bloodline pin bones] I’m going to cook the back loin And make Sashimi with the belly loin I’m going to cut in smaller pieces for Mizutaki
[Cut the fillet for Mizutaki] About this size All cut Next, I’m peeling the skin off the belly loin
[Remove skin] All done Let’s plate “Mizutaki” slices [Plating] Next is Sashimi [DONE!] Alright, done!
Itadakimasu! Let’s eat! I’m going to make Mizutaki first! In a Kombu kelp broth, put sea bass slices In addition, I’m putting the collar too While it’s cooking, I’m going to prepare Ponzu (Citrus soy sauce) dipping sauce I’m using “Asahi Ponzu” today Pour a lot and add green onions And “Momiji Oroshi” (Grated daikon radish with chili) Looks like this Looks cooked so I’m picking this one and dip it in Ponzu Itadakimasu! This is sooooo good! The fish meat is so fluffy and it spreads in my mouth And the skin is really good So delicious! It’s my first time eating a sea bass this delicious Put a little bit of Wasabi And dip in soy sauce Itadakimasu! Tasty! It’s an acquired taste of white fish It has a lot of fat like farmed red snapper But the taste of the fat is delicate It’s like smooth? This is so good Dip in soy sauce and Put it on rice and Itadakimasu! Delicious! Alright, so the drink I want to enjoy with this sea bass Mizutaki and Sashimi would be Ready… The silver one! It’s my alcohol free day I’m drinking non-alcoholic beer 70% beer, 30% foam Itadakimasu! Delicious! It’s a late night feast
[3 in the morning] Alright, so let me finish eating then [Finished eating!] Thanks for the meal! So I cooked super expensive Japanese sea bass And ate Mizutaki and Sashimi Sooo delicious!! It was the best sea bass I’ve ever had in my life! Thanks to The Weird Fish Man! Please watch The Weird Fish Man buying and killing that sea bass in his channel from the link in the description below Alright, so thanks for watching! Bye-bye!